IT-Security, also known as Cyber Security, deals primarily with the protection of stored information and its treatment. This includes not only software relevant information, but also the protection of hardware against theft and damage, along with disruption and misdirection in the performance of your work. Although the incidence of hardware theft is decreasing, stealing is becoming more target-oriented. Computers and other devices are now much more affordable, whereas sales information is becoming more important.
To allow for global interconnectedness, the strategic infrastructure of the Company is part of the internet, which entails an increased risk of cyberattacks.
A selection of the latest cyber-attacks:
- March 2017 - 182,000 Joblink accounts exposed in cyber attack - America´s Joblink Alliance
- March 2017 - A Northern Korean hacking group was likely behind a recent cyber campaign targeting organizations in 31 countries
- March 2017 - Abta travel website hit by cyber attack feared to have affected 43,000 people
- April 2017 - Cyber attack on Mindef´s System occured weeks before detection - theft of the personal data of 854 national servicemen and Ministry of Defense (Mindef) Singapore
- April 2017 - Sweden targeted in global cyber attack - several companies and government agencies in Sweden
Challenges for the IT::
- Growth of unstructured data and data stream in the company;
- Growing dependence on internet and multimedia;
- Rise of Mobile Computing;
- Realization of the highest possible ROI (Return on Investments);
- Adapting to continuously changing conditions;
- Rise of the types and numbers of threats.
Cyber Security contributes to… ...
- … minimizing possible loss of productivity;
- … minimizing risks;
- … complying with statutes and other principles;
- … increaseing efficiency and effectivity;
- … reducing costs.